Fire Damage in an Albany Park Home in Chicago, IL
Winters in Chicago can be very harsh. When you have an old building forced air heat can be very expansive to install. Lots of times people just buy those electric radiator heaters and they believe that everything will be okay. Using those against the manufacturers guidelines can lead to a detrimental loss. This fire started when a homeowner decided to plug the electric heater to an extension cord while heating the bedroom. This caused the electric heater to malfunction and start a fire in the bedroom. The fire spread out through out the home. All of the home was affected and the bedroom had to be demolished.